Friday, January 30, 2015

Goin' to the chapel...

The latest Project Runway All Stars challenge inspired me to look at my own bridal pieces for inspiration for my daily art.  

Here is the episode in case you're into that kinda thang;



http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/video/season-4/episode-11/always-the-bridesmaid



July 2005...seems like yesterday!
I had found my dress at a small bridal shop near where we were living in Raleigh.  Some of the beadwork on the dress had these beautiful multi-faceted crystals on it, kind of irridescent....and then she also had this beautiful tiara with aurora borealis crystals...and that became the inspiration behind all the details for our wedding. I need to dedicate a whole post on my art blog to all the fun DIY details (on a budget, too!) but for now...here are some pics.

(Left) My awesome husband...and see that bouquet?  I made it...includes hand-wired aurora borealis crystals and a butterfly brooch with the same sparkles.  

(Top Right) Aurora borealis crystal earrings, vintage

(Bottom Right) The tiara that started an obsession...made up of...yep, aurora borealis crystals!

No comments:

Post a Comment