Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Gunmetal.

I couldn't think of a fun title...so...just...gunmetal, 'cause today's pieces were just that- gunmetal.  I have these earrings in gold, silver (not real of course, these are costume jewels!) and the gunmetal color.  They have held up really well, as you know the metal on costume jewelry sometimes kinda tarnishes, looks dingy after a while.  The texture on these pieces helps with that, and I love the tear drop shape.

...which made me pair it with this cuff bracelet, the shape is more enlongated but has that same organic feel.  The bracelet also has a texture on it...and of course, they are both gun metal.  I had bought this marled heather gray knit at Express pretty recently and I thought it was a good backdrop for these gunmetal pieces...kinda thinking that the eye blends the black and gray together for a dark gray mix... and side note, I had to look that knit up, ...knew it was some kind of  a variegated yarn but I wasn't sure the specific name...so that's it- marled.

To see how these pieces inspired Miss Matchy Matchy (and Trinket!) today, please click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment