Friday, January 2, 2015

Ode to the Seed Bead

My Christmas present this year from mom (Love you!) was a with three fun necklaces and a big ol' copper-colored ring.  Now with mom, you never know where the treasures came from.  Sometimes she finds things for me at yard sales....thrift shops...and if it comes from a store it is usually some amazing deal.  ('cause Momma Love likes a deal, yassss!)

This particular necklace, in all its multi-layered seed beaded glory is pink, magenta and yellow.  I defintely got a Native American vibe when I saw it...it appealed to my own Cherokee and Lumbee roots way back on mom's side of the family.    I paired it with a denim shirt, but after I did my daily art drawing I thought that the necklace would also look great with a simple fitted white tee and a black pencil skirt...or when in doubt my go-to, just all black.  


Side note...some ideas I have for this necklace...intertwine a thin, sparkly necklace...maybe with some lightly colored crystals and/or adding a brooch of some sort for an assymmetrical focal point.  


No comments:

Post a Comment