Sunday, January 25, 2015

'Purrrl Gurrrls'

Layers of PEARLS!
Today...it was all about the pearls.  I have a huge multi-strand monstrosity of a pearl necklace that I wanted to wear to contrast with my all-black attire...channeling my inner Coco Chanel, and on a budget no less!

But...it needed something. So I layered another necklace underneath it, a pearl and black beaded number on ribbon and leather cording...and I kinda liked how it turned out.  I felt like the black necklace underneath helped to made a bigger 'statement' to the piece and also made a connection to the top of the black dress, almost as if it was all connected.

And I used to not like to do drop earrings with a bold necklace, but lately I like it, especially if I wear my hair up.  Feels like it 'frames' my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment