Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Chevron...formerly known as the Zig Zag

Alright, I am just gonna call it.

Its a zig zag people.  A zig zag.  

Alright, we can call it chevron, too...but I spent too much time drawing invisible 'zig zag' lines in the air with my K-2 art students to think anything other that those words when I see this kind of pattern.

So this IS really matchy-matchy.  Like, much.  Matching earrings and cuff bracelet?  Yes, I went there.  (all black with red cardigan) But I figured that there is enough space between my earlobes and my wrist so that it isn't too much all together.

I bought these two pieces at my 'secret jewelry spot' in Palm Beach Gardens, FL for a steal.  I loved the pattern and the primary colors.  The are made of a light weight metal which is great, especially since earrings that large could get a little heavy.  

And of course I bought these pieces thinking, 'hey, I know a little bit about cutting and soldering metal...maybe I will make something like this...'

Nope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment