Monday, January 5, 2015

MINT to be!

Alright...a few things in today's blog.  I had two things I had to get off my chest.

1) I think I have a way to pack that is crazy but...you organization junkies may like it.
2) I am obsessed with the color combination of MINT and RED.  (or even aqua for that matter)

...in-progress packing for the NC trip...color scheme selected...outfits ready to go!
When I go on trips, packing is a process. More like an EVENT.  I choose a color scheme, then pull things from my closet and jewelry ONLY in that color scheme.  My reasoning is that everything I pack will match and the pieces will be interchangeable.  (I still over pack, so I won't even lie and say this helps with that)  I walk by everything for a day or two, putting pieces back and then finally have it figured out and pack it up.  

I have been doing this for a while and it works great for me.  Side note, it helps to have someone to text for a second opinion.  I usually text John's cousin Jen...she really has an eye for fashion and also loves organization...but rarely tells me to NOT pack something...which I kind of love. (Jen...THANK YOU)

A new thing that I did before my last trip to NC was I did the above process...but I went ahead and placed outfits on hangers with the jewelry already on there...then tied up the hangers with hair ties, threw them in the car and headed on up north.  When we got to NC all I had to do was hang up my clothes...but the best part was when I came back home anything that I didn't wear I just hung back up. Also, because of only packing a set color scheme I could easily put the jewelry back.  

Sometimes when we get back from a trip I don't unpack for days...maybe a week even.  It just takes so long.  This past trip I unpacked in about twenty minutes!!  Yassssss!

Ladies, get yourself some hangers, hair ties and a COLOR VISION for your next trip!
Which brings me to my next thing...MINT and RED.  I wanted to bring red  because of Christmas (duh, right?) but I didn't want to go with green and start matching all the wrapping paper...so I opted for shades of mint and aqua...I think I was in Express when I started thinking about how amazing these two colors would look together, thinking about how great the contrast would be. (complimentary colors almost, baby!) So I went with it...here are a few pics;


One piece that I didn't take pics of is this awesome beaded necklace I picked up in Chicago a couple of years ago (I believe the stones are red coral...or a darn good knock-off!) ...which also happens to be my inspiration for my daily art.


Now...about that necklace...


I love pieces that can be worn different ways.  This necklace is long, but has a large 'flower shaped' piece that you can 'loop' the necklace onto and make a shorter piece.  Kinda fun, right?

And of course...I bought this necklace thinking, 'hey, I am going to make one of these'.

That was a few years ago, folks.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment