Friday, January 2, 2015

Is the statement for this necklace that I am crazy?

Did I mention that I am an artist?  Did I mention Art Hive Magazine?  You should probably know that about me.  I will be cross referencing/linking/what have you between my art site and this blog...'cause my daily art this month will be inspired by pieces from my jewelry collection!  So if you see links randomly in my jewelry posts (some, not all of 'em!) take a minute and check the link out to see some fun art starring Miss Matchy Matchy and her lil' cat Trinket...for more about THAT click HERE!

The first piece in the January 2015 series was inspired by this crazy black necklace I picked up at a kiosk in the outdoor mall in downtown San Diego some years ago. 

Side note, here are some important things to know about me:
1) I like crazy and I like sparkle. (Think Iris Apfel with a little Ric Flair...yeah...I am serious)
2) I take care of my jewelry so I can keep 'em and wear 'em for a long time.
3) I DO NOT buy expensive jewelry.  Not interested.  My wedding ring is pretty much my only 'fancy' jewelry and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back to this necklace...it's made of black beeds attached to black monofilament, tons of layers- it's a little out of control.  So of course when I saw it my thoughts were...it's perfect.  I have gotten some wear out of it, one of my favorite occasions was last Spring in Fort Lauderdale when the Art Hive Crew went to see Dita Von Teese's show...and meet her after!!



No comments:

Post a Comment